E For Good has been set up specifically to launch and manage a major nationwide campaign to
EFG has a campaigning mission and will be contributing a percentage of profits made from collection of e-waste to environmental and community organisations or charities.
E for Good is the first consumer-facing organisation targeting e-waste from an environmental, cradle to cradle, life-cycle perspective and our environmental objectives are at the heart of the business.
We aim to:
- Reduce the amount of e-waste.
- Promote Repair and Reuse.
- Recycle the rest, as efficiently as possible.
How we plan to do this
We are planning to:
- Raise awareness of all the issues to do with e-waste.
- Increase collection of e-waste by setting up many more facilities in public places, including schools and shopping centres.
- Improve recycling systems of materials to maximise the environmental benefits.
- Provide education materials and training for schools, colleges and universities.
- Work with charity shops and retailers to facilitate collection and resale of used products.
- Encourage business to commit to a charter for responsible procurement and disposal.
- Set up an award scheme to promote innovation and eco-design for durability.
- Work with local authorities to minimise the amount of e-waste sent to landfill or exported.
There are four primary ways that E for Good will be ‘For Good’ by:
- Promoting repair, reuse and ‘for hire’ in preference to brand new and ownership.
- Cleaning up e-waste industries by championing ‘good practice’.
- Changing thinking about our throwaway culture and design for disposability.
- Giving money to charities and local communities.